If you registered your daughter for the 11+ you should have had an email from London Borough of Redbridge regarding the testing.
The test for most candidates will be taking place on Saturday 21st November.
If you have not heard from LBR please contact them urgently.
Due to COVID-19 safety this year there are numerous test venues.
If you have been invited to Woodford County High School for the Test, you should look carefully at the information you have been sent
Only one parent will be allowed to drop off and pick up your daughter. Your daughter should not attend if she should be self-isolating. This includes if anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms (high temperature, continuous cough, loss of taste or smell) or if your child has been asked to self-isolate by their primary school. If you are in this position please contact LBR.
You will need to bring:
- Completed photo form
- 2 HB Pencils (not propelling pencils)
- A rubber
- A sharpener
- Coat and/or layers to keep warm.
- Face covering for the parent who is dropping off and picking up the child.
- Face covering for your daughter
- Tissues, hand sanitiser (if you have it)
- A non-fizzy drink
- Children will not be allowed to take in food, calculators, paper, mobile phones or test timer watches with alarms that may go off in the test
(We will have some equipment in rooms if students lose their pencils, rubbers or tissues)
Please note the time that you have been given to arrive and pick up your daughter.
Please make sure that only one parent arrives at the Pedestrian gate at the correct time with your daughter.
- which end of the school you should go to once you are through the pedestrian gate: North End (green signs) or South End (Yellow Signs)
- which exam room your daughter will be in Sports Hall 1, Sports Hall 2, Sports Hall 3, Conference Room, Main Hall, Block or RoomSG7
- This is written on the photo form that you received from LBR.
- Please also know what time you should pick up your daughter.
We ask for full cooperation from all parents and children as we maintain a COVID-19 safe event.
Please note the following:
- Parents and children will have their temperatures checked before they enter the site.
- Parents, children and staff will be wearing face coverings (Students can remove theirs when they are actually sitting the tests.)
- Each Parent and child will be asked to maintain a 2 m distance from every other parent and child and member of staff. Please adhere to markings and directions.
- Parents, children and staff will sanitise their hands on entry to registration areas and exam rooms.
- Children will be 2m apart when completing their tests.
- Exam rooms will be well-ventilated.
- Staff will continue to wear face coverings during the tests (students will not be required to do so.)
- Staff will sanitise their hands before and after handling exam papers or other materials.
- The large space exam rooms have not been used by current students of WCHS recently.
- All areas that are used for the 11+ will be thoroughly cleaned before and after the event.
- Desks and toilets will be cleaned between the am and pm sessions.