The Year 12 Higher Education programme consists of weekly seminars from a range of university and apprenticeship providers, in addition to 1:1 support given by form tutors around university applications and careers advice. The programme culminates in the Summer term with UCAS Fortnight, two weeks of concentrated workshops, presentations and other opportunities for students to explore their university options, and to gain additional support with beginning their UCAS applications.
In the past year, Higher Education presentations have included:
- King's College London - What admissions tutors are looking for
- Newnham College, Cambridge - Oxbridge application
- University of Nottingham - What's special about Nottingham?
- St George's, University of London - Successful applications for Medicine and Dentistry
- St Andrews University - the Scottish university system and St Andrews
- Queen Mary, University of London - Why QMUL?
- Goldsmiths, University of London - Writing an outstanding personal statement for UCAS
- ASK Apprenticeships - Degree Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Morgan Stanley - Degree Apprenticeships with Morgan Stanley